Live Cardiff: Day Four - Extreme Sailing Series by extremesailingseries LIVE Monday 11 am EDT (US)
Results at: http://www.extremesailingseries.com/results
Highlights: LOUIS VUITTON CUP FINAL RACE 8
America's Cup: Emirates Team New Zealand advances to face Oracle - San Jose Mercury News: "But the big question remains: Can the New Zealand team, funded by the government, an airline and other corporate sponsors, beat the Oracle Team USA powerhouse owned by billionaire Larry Ellison? "The bottom line is nobody in the know knows," said John Bertrand, the Australian who broke the Americans' 132-year hold on the America's Cup when his Austrailia II team beat Dennis Conner's Liberty in 1983. "The next two weeks could be the decider in terms of development. Every time (the teams) go out, they get faster. They improved in speed by 30 percent since they were first launched.""
Emirates Team New Zealand wins second consecutive Louis Vuitton Cup / America’s Cup: "Emirates Team New Zealand won the 30th anniversary Louis Vuitton Cup with a 3:20 victory over Italy’s Luna Rossa Challenge in the eighth and deciding race. The Kiwis, who beat Luna Rossa in the previous Louis Vuitton Cup in 2007, won the series 7-1. The victory makes Emirates Team New Zealand the official challenger to ORACLE TEAM USA for the 34th America’s Cup in the “September Showdown” beginning Sept. 7. It’s the fifth time in the past six America’s Cup Matches that the Kiwis will be a contestant in the match. . . ."
Races / America’s Cup: Red Bull Youth America’s Cup schedule (8 fleet races)
- Sunday, Sept. 1: Fleet Races 1 and 2 (11:00 am PT)
- Monday, Sept. 2: Fleet Races 3 and 4 (11:00 am PT)
- Tuesday, Sept. 3: Fleet Races 5 and 6 (11:00 am PT)
- Wednesday, Sept. 4: Fleet Races 7 and 8 (11:00 am PT)
- Saturday, Sept. 7: Final Race 1 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 2 (2:10 pm PT)
- Sunday, Sept. 8: Final Race 3 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 4 (2:10 pm PT
- Tuesday, Sept. 10: Final Race 5 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 6 (2:10 pm PT)
- Thursday, Sept. 12: Final Race 7 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 8 (2:10 pm PT)
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Final Race 9 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 10 (2:10 pm PT)
- Sunday, Sept. 15: Final Race 11 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 12 (2:10 pm PT)
- Tuesday, Sept. 17: Final Race 13 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 14 (2:10 pm PT)
- Thursday, Sept. 19: Final Race 15 (1:10 pm PT), Final Race 16 (2:10 pm PT)
- Saturday, Sept. 21: Final Race 17 (1:10 pm PT)
All At Sea
Sailing is in the blood of St. Thomas' Holmberg family. In fact, it's a water sport excelled at and enjoyed by three generations. Family patriarch and Chicago native Dick Holmberg first visited the Virgin Islands in the 1950s while serving on a ...
Kinsale Disabled Sailing Worlds Underway
The seagoing vista was practically indescribable with brilliant sunshine, a nor westerly breeze making for wonderful sailing opportunities with great flat water sailing on gleaming waters, and all surrounded by the magnificent scenery that is synomous ...
US Adult Sailing Championship - Climactic final in Rochester
The 2013 U.S. Adult Sailing Championship, hosted by the Rochester YC, came down to the wire in an action-packed finish on Lake Ontario Sunday. David Klatt's (Oxnard, Calif.) talented team pulled out the victory with a win in a climactic final race this ...
Tall Ships Sailing to Lake Erie to Re-Enact Battle
Cannon fire will ring out again on the waters of Lake Erie when tall ships re-enact a battle that marked a turning point in the War of 1812. The bicentennial re-enactment of the Battle of Lake Erie will highlight a Labor Day weekend festival on Ohio ...
more sailing news below