The World Sailing Show video above originally published Dec 27, 2017:
- 01:02 Volvo Ocean Race Leg 2 & 3
- 07:19 News
- 08:30 How & why the new America’s Cup boat will work
- 11:59 Aboard Imerys – How the Class 40 season title was won
- 16:18 eSailing World Championships
- 18:18 Gabart smashes solo world record
- 19:13 Youth Worlds Sanya, China
The World Sailing Show gets aboard Phil Sharp and Pablo Santurde’ s Class 40 Imerys for a full-on, double handed 4,000 mile sleigh ride south to see how the pair took the coveted overall season title.
Also heading south, the Volvo Ocean Race fleet descended on Cape Town. With 7,000 miles under their belts, stomachs were starting to churn among the crew at the thought of the next 6,500 across the notorious Southern Ocean – they tell the World Sailing Show why.
What will make the new America’s Cup boat be so quick? Cup guru Grant Simmer explains in an exclusive interview.
We take a look at two major new world records set at very different ends of the scale. We also find out how to compete in a world championships without getting your feet wet.
Plus, were back in China, this time for the Youth World Championships.
more about sailing below (@ web version link below for mobile)