Above video: Best Of 2014 ISAF Youth Worlds - The 2014 ISAF Youth Worlds was a record breaker... Enjoy the best bits of what was an amazing event.
Wrap up highlights from the Laser Radial Boys and Girls fleets. Joel Rodriguez and Martina Reino made it a double Spanish victory in the Laser Radial fleets.
Latest News : News | ISAF Youth Worlds | Official Site Langkawi, Malaysia, 27 Dec 2015-3 Jan 2016
2015 ISAF Youth Worlds Notice Of Race Released
United States Sailing Association | 2015 US Sailing Youth Worlds Team Prepares for Langkawi, Malaysia: November 4, 2015--Portsmouth, R.I. – US Sailing has named thirteen athletes to its 2015 ISAF Youth World Championships Team. The premier youth event in international sailing, ISAF Youth Worlds represents the highest level of competition for the next regeneration of American talent. Langkawi, Malaysia will host the 2015 edition of the regatta from December 27, 2015 to January 3, 2016.
“The thirteen American sailors who have qualified to represent USA at this event should be very proud,” said Josh Adams, Managing Director of US Olympic Sailing. “US Sailing is a strong supporter of the ISAF Youth Worlds, and we think that youth racers should strive to compete at this level. We are excited to provide the highest level of training and preparation ever given to a US Sailing Youth Worlds Team in the form of dedicated training camps and world-class coaching, which is central to the new Olympic Development Program (ODP) launched by US Sailing in early 2015.”
US Sailing’s 2015 ISAF Youth World Championship Team:
- Laser Radial (boy’s one person dinghy): Nic Baird (St. Petersburg, Fla.)
- Laser Radial (girl’s one person dinghy): Christina Sakellaris (Milton, Mass.)
- International 420 (girl’s two person dinghy): Christina Klingler (Darien, Conn.) and Victoria Thompson (Newport Beach, Calif.)
- International 420 (boy’s two person dinghy): Will Logue (Cos Cob, Conn.) and Bram Brakman (Darien, Conn.)
- 29er (boy’s high performance dinghy): Romain Screve (Kentfield, Calif.) and Quinn Wilson (Ojai, Calif.)
- 29er (girl’s high performance dinghy): Alexandra Toppa (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and Liza Toppa (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
- RS:X (boy’s windsurfer): Maximo Nores (Miami Beach, Fla.)
- F16 (open multihull): Mark Brunsvold (Sarasota, Fla.) and Anderson Brunsvold (Sarasota, Fla.)
US Sailing is bringing unprecedented resources to bear in support of the 2015 Youth Worlds Team. Three multi-day ODP Training Camps have been organized in the fall of 2015 in Miami, Florida for the Laser Radial, 29er, I420, F16 and RS:X classes. “These camps are the first of their kind held in the US,” said Leandro Spina, US Sailing’s Youth Development Director. “In addition to including the team members, we also invited many other top youth sailors to train as part of a group, and receive coaching. This is about raising the overall level of youth racing in the US, as well as helping these sailors perform well at the biggest youth event in the world.”- See more at: ussailing.org
more sailing news below (@ web version link below for mobile)